Inexpensive Hydrographic Surveying Software

Untitled Forums International Hydrometry Network Bathymetry and Spatial Mapping Inexpensive Hydrographic Surveying Software

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive software for data acquisition for hydrographic surveys?  The software made by Fugawi is no longer being sold.  Ideally it would provide the ability to collect GPS and echo sounder data while displaying position relative to planned lines.   Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kevin

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        Participant

Hi Kevin.  I thought I’d posted this previously but it isn’t showing up so let me try again.  You might look at the Hydromagic software package from Eye4Software; much cheaper than Hypack and their website lists a ‘rental’ option.  I’ve experimented with it a bit and found it to be fairly intuitive on the data collection side.  And I was able to import ADCP data for bathy, both single point based on a WR2 generical ASCII export and also VMT multipoint bathy output as source data.  Jeff

Participant

Thanks Jeff.  I had come across HydroMagic.  However, I was not aware of the rental option.

Kevin

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.