Homepage/forums updates

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

-Added Functionality for uploading attachments in forum (max 4 per post, tell me if this needs to go up)

-Added Functionality for in-line images in forum posts

-Added dynamic width on entire forum display (Should be 70% of total width of browser)

-Changed some colors around to better be able to view the BBpress visual post formatting bar. Encountered catch 22. Cannot be fixed until I start to hardcore in .css

-Added (ugly) search button on forum

-Added login/register/lost password in forum view

-Added functionality to change your avatar to a locally uploaded file. (Please tell me if this works)

-Added IHG Member presentations and Mission Statement. Please send me a short bio so I can update your the member section.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Great. I tested the edit-button on your post, Daniel. It looks like I can edit it, but I did nont post the edit. You can try to edit this post to see if you are allowed to.

Looks like I can edit?

Yes, I see your edit!

Testing inline images here: It seems to work.

Perhaps it should be an option to allign centered vertically on th line, but that is really NOT a bigg issue.

However, a nicer thing to have would be the option to paste an immage from the clipboard.

I’ll look into the pasting option,

I managed to revert a change which made the forums entirely transparent 🙂

Testing inline images here: It seems to work. Perhaps it should be an option to allign centered vertically on th line, but that is really NOT a bigg issue. However, a nicer thing to have would be the option to paste an immage from the clipboard.

I checked pasting, and it would seem that there is currently no way to get it due to security principles.

Participant

it looks like I deleted my original post, rather than editing it…

Now I am testing the edit button. Twice. Working great!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by AvatarOle.
          • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by AvatarOle.

~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ole Rössler
          Federal Institute of Hydrology
          Koblenz, Germany
          email: roessler at bafg.de

Seems like the forum always uses the local time of each user. That can lead to unstructured posts.

For example, I posted my previous post after the one of Sam Everitt. Any idea why is that? Do we need to transfer each post to UTC?

~~~~~~~~~~~
            Ole Rössler
            Federal Institute of Hydrology
            Koblenz, Germany
            email: roessler at bafg.de

Seems like the forum always uses the local time of each user. That can lead to unstructured posts. For example, I posted my previous post after the one of Sam Everitt. Any idea why is that? Do we need to transfer each post to UTC?

No Idea Ole, I will have a look!

I tried editing my original post and it doesn’t seem to be working.

Hi Sam,

Can you still not edit? Might be some timer that prevents editing after a certain time. Some forums have that, or it could be down to having the participant status.

I will try edit this post and yes it works.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Mikael LennermarkMikael Lennermark. Reason: testing testing

I wonder why Sams post is constantly the last one in this thread for me?

I removed Sams mystery thread… Hopefully it will not mess up the forums again 😉

Viewing 8 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.