ADCP-mounted SVR

• Creator
    Topic

Hello all,

I’ve kept in touch with Niksa Orlic from Geolux about the possibility of adding an SVR on an ADCP and with Dave Mueller about integrating the data into Q-rev somehow.

I will ask our mechanical engineer to construct a mount for the RiverPro. (I’m uploading the schematics for the sensor in this topic).

Communicationswise they will solder a male DB9 and make sure it is compatible with the Parani SD-1000 pin assignments. As a first step I think we will just pull data by capturing the serial stream with Putty and timestamp it with computer clock. If I have time I will try to make a cable that can go from the SVR to the RiverPro and we can try to bring the data in as a faux NMEA string. Typical serial settings are.115200 8n1, no flow control, which should be good for the Parani and manageable for the RiverPro. I hope the baudrate doesn’t mean it sends truckloads of data though.

Dave: Niksa will supply us with some sample data very soon so we can have a go at deciphering it and see if is easily combined with ADCP-data in Q-rev.

We are trying to nail down a date for the first trials, but its looking like late August or early September.

All the best

Daniel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

We (or rather Tomas, our mech wizard) have now created a rig for the sensor which should raise it 25 cm above the water level with an adjustable tilt-angle for the RiverPro Trimaran.

What’s left is to figure out how to log and timestamp the data from the SVR.

/Daniel

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

We got the SVR now and will in a few weeks be able to test it! Looking forward to share results from it together with the ADCP data.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.